Sunday 25 April 2010

producing flyers

I decided I wanted some flyers for an upcoming Wedding Fayre. I wanted to make the flyer by way of a collaboration between myself as a photographer and the venue. Co promoting each as a partnership because it is a lovely venue and one where I could happily shoot on a regular basis. The very kind of venue I want to establish a good working relationship with. So these flyers I can use for the Wedding Fayre and I can also ask the venue if I can leave some with them.

So how to go about it? Yes I could use my local source where I get my business cards done but a bit pricey especially with the design fees. I could go to Loxley where I'm getting trifolds printed, again a bit pricey for what I want as a limited run.

So off to do some research and bingo! HP do a brochure paper, double sided glossy and perfect for the job. £12 for 50 sheets. Now we are talking! So having designed the trifold leaflets myself I'm getting a bit better at designing marketing material in Photoshop so off I went and an hour or two later emerged from my office triumphant.

One slight snag is that I really have to print them on my photo printer, an HP B9180 and the ink for that baby is not cheap. I tried it on my admin printer a Canon and the grass on the front page came out positively luminous and the bride had a bit of an orange glow to her!

I'm a happy bunny though being able to print my own :)

No comments:

Post a Comment