Wednesday 21 April 2010

Monkey Business

Well, I've been edificated :)

Mark Cleghorn was in good form today and with a room full of photographers we were treated to some great content. The business of photography with some cool new marketing ideas that I'll be working on. Shooting window lit portraits in a setting mocked up so we know how to shoot some lovely dramatic shots if we have a wet wedding to contend with. Last but not least workflow and a real treat, a preview of Photoshop CS5.

Content aware fill is AWESOME!

I didn't upgrade CS3 to CS4 but I think I might have to raid the piggy bank in a few months once any initial bugs are ironed out :)

Content aware fill is basically a function where I can fill a frame with something that is missing. To explain when that may be handy. Shoot an image of a bride and groom in portrait orientation and it's not straight. Yep, I can straighten it but then I need to crop out the white bits so I lose the piece of the image diagonally opposite. Now that bit could be important if I had framed it correctly and it can be a real problem. Content aware fill is a little piece of magic that can fill in the white bits with what should be there. Unbelievable!

For anyone not yet with Mark's Phototraining4U online training. Join. Now! The first year is £199 but with over 300 training films (most around 20 mins) available with such subjects as shooting skills, photoshop skills and business ideas. Lighting tutorials, kit reviews...... It's about the price of a cup of coffee a day. And you get a £100 credit to spend at Loxley Colour.

Year two is cheaper at £99 and still fantastic value. Training where and when you need it and on the subjects you want. It really is a no brainer!

http://www.phototraining4u.com/dap/a/?a=461

No comments:

Post a Comment