Wednesday 14 April 2010


I had the pleasure to shoot the gorgeous Rebecca Amy today. Boudoir in the morning and in the studio in the afternoon. The studio shoot I really enjoyed because I could give free reign to my thought process in there without having to make the best of a location as we do shooting weddings. It's a different process in the studio but I stick to the KISS principle, Keep It Simple Stupid! So this is shot with just one light. For the techie among you, that was a Bowens 500W head on full with a spot attachment. High and left to camera. Very very little work needed doing on images with Rebecca, at times I was struggling to get focus on closer shots because her skin and Sarah's make up skills had given me such a smooth surface I could not focus! I was having to get focus off the edge of her eyes where I could find some contrast. And that's with 51 point AF!

Thank you so much ladies :)
Lots more to come including the boudoir shots and the tiger stripes!

2 comments:

  1. A good use of studio light, very sharp indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tom, been a while since I was in a studio so working on the one light principle :)

    ReplyDelete