Monday 25 January 2010

It's Album Time

This week I will be mainly creating albums. I have one of my favourite weddings from last year to create the album for and I have to say I'm actually looking forward to it. It will be a fair bit of work because I need to go through each image from scratch and just make sure it is as good as it can be. The time spent doing all those little details like removing fire exit signs and just taking care of detail is well worth it. Especially when you get to see the final albums. I have two coming back from Graphistudio any day now and that will complete last year's assignments once this week's is designed. I can't wait to see their face when I can deliver it. :) Those are the times I really love doing this. I also need to contact two couples about up and coming weddings and then there is the small matter of ordering £8000 of equipment. I've bought the advanced book on the D700 so I have some work to do to get fully up to speed before I need to use them in anger. I have the Canon 1Ds booked in for a service tomorrow and I'll be keeping the Canon equipment until I have all the Nikon bodies, lenses and flashes I need to do the job properly and I'm familiar with it. So the house really will look like a camera retailers for a few weeks. I also need to get a shoot arranged with the lovely Branka. A great model and I have some really good ideas that involve a very innovative dress designer from Manchester, a quality hotel and a dash of creative lighting. It may have to wait till the dear lady is back next month, but I do need to get started on the organisation for a March shoot. Yes they do take that long to get together but oh so worth it. Want to get shooting again with David once I get the Nikon cameras here. In fact I want to be shooting full stop. One of the things that a lot of people don't realise about doing this is that there is an awful lot to do that does not involve having a camera in your hand, but it's all worth it int he end.

No comments:

Post a Comment