Sunday 24 January 2010

Busy Busy Bee

Wow! What a week! It started on Sunday this week and a Virgin Pendolino to London. Stayed overnight at Euston and out to Hammersmith in the morning. The reason for my visit was a rather handsome Australian gent. Namely one Jerry Ghionis. Oh he's only one of the best photographers I've ever seen so it was well worth the trip too. Funny, touching and truly inspirational. He had me both laughing and crying and that's highly unusual! Came away with lots of ideas and very very inspired.

Got back to Manchester late on Monday night and off to Bath on Tuesday and another overnight. The reason this time was a trip to see the lovely people at the Royal Photographic Society. I had submitted a panel of images to be judged for a Licensateship and I had a very nervous few hours waiting my turn. Thankfully the judges saw fit to award me the qualification and I am delighted to be able to say that I am now Alison Bailey LRPS :)

Finished building the website and I've hit the go live button on it so hopefully in a couple of days I will have a nice shiny new website.

Also been out to test drive a Nikon D700 and I was really impressed so decision made and a huge step to change all my photographic equipment is under way. It's a major step as it means changing to a system that will take a bit of time to learn properly and means changing not just the cameras but lenses and flashes too. Even the way I use flash will have to be changed and it will take a bit of time to start getting creativity into my shooting rather than looking at buttons and menus!

A busy week in all but one that's been well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment