Tuesday 9 March 2010

Phew, been to Birmingham to Focus on Imaging. HUGE exhibition of the best photographic products available. I was very good! After the major expenditure on the cameras, lenses and flashes I had to. :) But I did sign up for some really rather nice sample albums and I bought a new video light.

A video light is a much under rated piece of equipment, usually by those who have never used them though. The good ones are not cheap being between £200 and £450. What they bring to the party though is instant lighting. At a wedding you don't often have time to set up complicated studio lighting setups. It would be nice but there is no way I can lug it all around with stands, cables softboxes reflectors etc so quick and easy does it ...every time.

The video light can be pulled out, switched on and bingo....instant light. You can direct whoever is holding it to step in, step out, barn doors contain the beam of light so I can get it just where I want it. It comes with a little flip up soft focus attachment and a halogen attachment. That's a really neat little creating trick all of it's own. Pop that on, set the camera to 3400K et voila, daylight just went blue while my subject is perfectly lit. All in a package that fits neatly in a little shoulder bag. A very useful addition to the two flashguns I carry as standard.

New sample album design on the way and two new roller banners to order. I'm away the last two weekends in March with some excellent shooting to do with Trevor and Faye Yerbury and John Baikie. Two trips to Scotland back to back, but these guys really are worth it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment