Wednesday 12 May 2010

To matt or not to matt?

Up till now I have pretty much avoided matted albums, mainly because I had never produced one and I have always thought that anything you need to stick together is the remit of Blue Peter presenters rather than photographers. :)

But I have had rather a number of brides asking for matted albums so something had to change and that something had to be me. So I went to see the man who knows all about albums, Gordon at DPM Wallbank in Stalybridge. "Gordon, I need a matted album but it needs to be big and simple, like me!" With the expert on hand it was a very painless process and I am now the proud owner of a matted album.

All the prints were done at DSCL and today I put it together. Easy as pie actually and it has distinct advantages over digital in some respects.

One is that it is quick to do. A week to get the album and the prints are done in two days so I can do a really quick turn around. If I do make a mistake I only need to get one print redone and the entire album is not at risk. It's also big, heavy and looks good!

Gordon has also very kindly offered me the loan of a quite amazing album, it's huge! Called the Pano and it opens the way a laptop does. That means I can do really big prints without having to have a crease which always causes a problem so matter which manufacturer. So with another two wedding fayres booked I'll be grabbing a Pano :)

Four enquiries so far this week too, one album off to Italy and another advert sent to the brochure producer. Next up will be database and email integration. Interesting eh? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment