Wednesday 28 July 2010

How annoyed am I right now

I went to see a venue today. One that I have shot at a few times and I have further bookings for. The management are the most awkward characters to deal with and today I had to put my foot down. Not content with asking me to pay for advertising and not content with me supplying them with 2 albums (one of which they lost) they had the utter nerve to ask me for a kickback on any weddings I book through them.

Their grand plan is that I increase my prices for their venue by 20% so I can pass that 20% back to them as a kickback. So not only do the couple have to spend £10K on their wedding venue, the venue want the photographer to get even more money out of them.

So no. I won't be subscribing to that thank you very much. I pride myself in supplying top quality products to my couples and that certainly does not involve stitching them for more cash on behalf of the venue!

I'll be cancelling my advertising with them, demanding my album back and sending them the invoice for the one they "lost" If their wedding planners are only going to recommend certain photographers via a kickback then there is no point in me advertising and certainly not a venue I wish to be associated with. The link to their website will be removed in the next few days. I cannot and will not condone that kind of behaviour and I have no wish to be associated with them. I feel sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment